Marois, T. (2011) “Emerging market bank rescues in an era of finance-led neoliberalism: A comparison of Mexico and Turkey” Review of International Political Economy, 18 (2), 168-196.
Onaran, Ö., Stockhammer, E. and Grafl, L. (2011) “Financialization, distribution, and aggregate demand in the US”, Cambridge Journal of Economics, 35(4), 637-662.
Onaran, Ö. (2011) “From wage suppression to sovereign debt crisis in Western Europe: Who pays for the costs of the crisis?” International Journal of Public Policy, 7(1-3), 51-69.
Onaran, Ö. (2011) “From transition crisis to the global crisis: Labor in Eastern Europe”, Capital and Class, 35(2), 213-232.
Kaltenbrunner, A. (2010), ‘International Financialization and Depreciation: The Brazilian Real in the International Financial Crisis‘, Volume 14, Numbers 3-4, December 2010 , pp. 296-323(28).
Painceira, J. P. (2010), ‘The Financial Crisis of 2007-09 and Emerging Countries: The Political Economy Analysis of Central Banks in the Brazilian and Korean Economies‘, Competition and Change, Volume 14, Numbers 3-4, pp. 271-295(25).
Marois, T (2010), “Emerging Market Bank Rescues in an Era of Finance-led Neoliberalism: A Comparison of Mexico and Turkey”, Review of International Political Economy (forthcoming).
Lapavitsas, C (2009), ‘Financialised Capitalism: Crisis and Financial Expropriation‘, Historical Materialism, 17(2), 114-148
Dymski, G (2009), ‘Racial Exclusion and the Political Economy of the Subprime Crisis‘, Historical Materialism, 17(2), 149-179.
dos Santos, P (2009), ‘On the Content of Banking in Contemporary Capitalism’, Historical Materialism, 17(2), 180-213.
Stockhammer, E (2009) ‘The Finance-Dominated Accumulation Regime, Income Distribution and the Present Crisis‘, Vienna University of Economics& B.A., Department of Economics Working Papers, No. 127, April 2009.
Onaran, Ö., Stockhammer, E. and Grafl, L. (2009),’ The finance-dominated growth regime, distribution, and aggregate demand in the US‘, Vienna University of Economics & B.A., Department of Economics Working Papers, No. 126.
Lapavitsas, C and P dos Santos (2008), ‘Globalization and Contemporary Banking: On the Impact of New Technology’, Contributions to Political Economy, 27, 31-56.
Stockhammer, E. and Grafl, L. (2008) ‘Financial uncertainty and business investment‘, Vienna University of Economics & B.A., Deparment of Economics Working Papers, No. 123, August 2008
Marois, T. (2008) ‘The 1982 Mexican Bank Statization and Unintended Consequences for the Emergence of Neoliberalism’, Canadian Journal of Political Science, 41,1: 143-67.
A Crisis of Financialisation, C Lapavitsas (ed), Brill, 2009. Contributors: C Lapavitsas, G Dymski, M Itoh, C Morera, J Rojas, P dos Santos, JP Painceira, D Papadatos and N Ergunes. Also forthcoming in Spanish and Chinese translations.
El capitalismo financiarizado: del boom a la quiebra, C Lapavitsas, Madrid: ABADA, 2008.
Newspaper Articles & Briefings
- Greece must default and quit the euro. The real debate is how,Costas Lapavitsas, 19 September 2011
- Cuts will not end the crisis, Michael Burke, George Irvin and John Weeks, Guardian, Comment is Free, 4 September 2011
- How did the world get so fixated on GDP? James Meadway,Guardian, Comment is Free, 10 August 2011
- Portugal Bailout: Three Scenarios for Europe’s Economic Future, George Irvin, Guardian, Comment is Free, 11 April 2011
- Support the Campaign to Audit Europe’s Public Debt, Costas Lapavitsas,Guardian Comment is Free,3 March 2011.
- The Role of Labour in Shielding Mexican Banks from the Financial Crisis, Thomas Marois, Development Viewpoint no 48, March 2010, CDRP.
- Banks for the People, Costas Lapavitsas, The Red Pepper at Issue, February 2010.
- Financial Integration Intensifies New Vulnerabilities: Brazil in the Global Financial Crisis, Development Viewpoint no 42, December 2009, CDRP.
- The Roots of the Global Financial Crisis, Costas Lapavitsas, Development Viewpoint no 28, April 2009, CDPR.
- The World Bank, the IFC and the Antecedents of the Financial Crisis, Paulo L dos Santos, At Issue No 63, The Bretton Woods Project.
- Addressing the Financial Crisis Requires Improvements in Equity, Paulo L dos Santos, Development Viewpoint No 20, November 2008, CDPR.
- Developing-Country Reserve Accumulation in the Current Financial Crisis, Juan Pablo Painceira, Development Viewpoint No 18, October 2008, CDPR.
- No Private Matter, Costas Lapavitsas, Guardian Comment is Free, 2 October 2008
- Dancing at the Volcano’s Edge, Paulo L dos Santos, Guardian Comment is Free, 1 October 2008
- The Rising Risks of Mortgage and Consumer Credit in Middle-Income Economies, Paulo L dos Santos, Development Viewpoint No 11, August 2008, CDPR
Debate: Left Strategies for the Eurozone Crisis
In January, Michel Husson’s article, A European Strategy for the Left was published in International Viewpoint. The article has sparked an international debate. In response to Michel Husson, Costas Lapavitsas has argued an alternative strategy. The debate has continued with a reply to Costas Lapavitsas, by Özlem Onaran.
Michel Husson: A European Strategy for the Left
Costas Lapavitsas: A Left Strategy for Europe